Skip to content
- 16 oz pasta noodles
- 8 oz Queens Best Bitter (half can)
- 8 oz half-and-half
- 16 oz cream cheese
- 1.5 Tbsp harissa powder
- ½ tsp mustard powder
- Salt and pepper
- 8 oz extra-sharp Cheddar, shredded (about 2 1/2 cups)
- 6 oz smoked gouda, shredded (about 2 cups)
- 2 oz super-aged gouda, shredded (about 1/2 cup)
- ⅓ cup breadcrumbs
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- Preheat the oven to 300ºF.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the pasta to al dente according the
- Combine the beer, half-and-half and cream cheese in a large saucepan over medium-low
heat and cook, whisking, until the cream cheese is melted and well incorporated, about 5
- Add the harissa and mustard powder to the saucepan. Season with salt and pepper and
whisk to incorporate. Stir in the Cheddar and smoked gouda and cook, stirring, over low heat
until all the cheese is melted.
- Add the pasta and toss to combine. Pour into an 8-inch square baking dish. Combine the
super-aged gouda, breadcrumbs and oil in a small bowl and sprinkle over the top of the pasta.
Bake until golden brown and bubbly, 20 to 25 minutes.