One Great Beer & Cheese Soup
For 6 Servings
2-2/3 Cups Onion, Rough Chop
4 Cups Carrot, Rough Chop
5 Tbsp Garlic, Rough Chop
1-1/3 Cups Flour
1 Cup Butter
3 Cups Veg Stock
4 Cups Cheddar, Grated
3 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
5 Tbsp Lemon Juice
2 Cans Queens Best Bitter
5-1/2 Tbsp Jalapeno Pickling Liquid
- In a large pot, sweat out onion, carrot, garlic. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add veg stock and bring to simmer. Simmer until carrots are completely cooked through.
- Blend with immersion blender.
- Add beer and simmer for about 5-10 minutes to cook off alcohol.
- In a large pot, melt butter and incorporate flour to form a roux. Cook until amber.
- Slowly add liquid from first pot into the roux, making sure each time to fully incorporate the liquid before adding more.
- Once mixture has been fully incorporated, add cheese slowly.
- Once cheese is incorporated, add remaining ingredients. Season with salt and pepper to taste
- Mix with immersion blender.